Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Pitching floors to structure, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for Structure.
- [Voiceover] Now I want to create a slab…that's going to morph itself to the framing.…It's not that hard to do.…Believe me.…First thing that I want to do, though,…is I want to turn off all my analytical claims.…Type vg.…Let's go to Analytical Model categories.…Let's click All,…and let's uncheck all of these items.…Let's click Apply.…Now let's click OK.…
Under Structural Plans, let's go down to Level 2.…Let's go to the Structure tab.…Let's click on Floor.…Now for the floor, let's just go with a 6" Concrete deck.…On my Draw panel, let's click on Pick Supports.…So I'm going to pick this support,…I'm going to pick this support,…I'm going to go with this support,…then with this one.…
I'm going to type tr for trim,…and I'm going to trim them out,…so it's just like that.…Click on Finish Edit Mode.…Now let's go to a 3D view.…Doesn't look like it did anything.…Well, it didn't.…So what we need to do now is go ahead and select your floor.…Remember, if you have that little red x here,…go ahead and click that button and turn it off.…
Starting with referencing an architectural model, you'll learn how to add foundations, rebar, and framing; set up views and drawings; model slabs and trusses; and build a whole lot more. This course is designed for members with no Revit experience, or for more advanced users who want to jump to a topic and start from there. Either way, this comprehensive course will teach you what you need to know to be dangerous in Revit structure.
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding and placing steel columns
- Creating foundations, with footings, piers, pilasters, and slabs
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding beam systems
- Tagging steel framing
- Creating a slab floor
- Cantelivering slab edges
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Inserting AutoCAD geometry
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
Adding a brace frame3m 57s
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.