Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing an energy analysis, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In the last movie we took our mass model, we brought it into the project file,…positioned it on the site and created mass floors to give ourselves a rough idea…what square footage is of the building.…In this movie we are going to take it little bit further and actually perform a…preliminary energy analysis on the building.…Now I should say that energy analysis could be the topic of an entire course.…We are just going to do a quick introduction to the process here.…So I should also mention that in order to use this feature you have to have a…subscription with Autodesk.…And your login will be required.…So I have here on screen a file called Energy Model and this is just simply a…copy of the file that we ended with in the last movie.…
So the first thing I am going to do is actually sign in to my account.…Now I can do that directly from the Revit interface up here at the top of the screen.…So you'll see that there's a Sign In button right here.…And it says Autodesk Online Services, and I will click that, choose Sign In…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.