Clash! That's what we are doing here. We are looking for clashes. Long before Navisworks was invented, Revit had the ability to do this. In this video, we will purposly run some duct through a staircase and see how revit can detect a clas from one linked model to another. Then we will run a duct to duct fitting clash to see how our fitting is hitting. The test will have you finding and resolving clashes.
- [Instructor] What I'd like to is look at…Revit's internal class report capability.…To get started, let's jump into Revit, under…Projects, let's go to out Interference model by…clicking Open, go to Chapter four, and select Interference.…Now, let's click open.…Here's what I wanna do, let's go to one Mech floor plan.…I don't think we have any clashes yet, so let's…make some clashes.…What I wanna do is two things, I wanna clash…between different models, so we'll clash between…the architectural model and our duct work, then…I wanna clash between just items that are in our model.…
So we'll have to make a clash over here.…It won't be hard.…Select this piece of duct, let's right click,…let's create similar, now I'm gonna pick it…just coming right off of here, it's at 10 feet.…I'm gonna come right down to the middle of my hallway.…Pick a point there, I'm gonna come out to about…here, now I'm gonna make my offset, instead of…10 feet, I'm gonna make it eight foot six.…Now I'm gonna come right through my stairs, bam.…Hit escape a couple times.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.