Revit is a database of elements and is not great at visualization. By using best practices, learn how to make a database of elements communicate better with these visualization and interaction tools.
- [Instructor] So let's take a look at some of the tools…that are available for a Revit user…to begin visualizing the project…in virtual reality or augmented reality.…Before we get started, to make things easier to see…and easier to navigate, I'm going to take the…project browser here from the left…and move it over to the right side.…That was I have easy access to all the parameters…as well as all of the views.…It's helpful to understand what we're working with…when we're talking about getting Revit…into these visualization tools.…Revit is not a 3D modeling tool…the way the SketchUp or 3ds Max or Maya are.…
Revit is more of a database of elements…that all have information associated with them.…For example,…if I zoom here and select this door…you can see that Revit has a ton of information about this.…It knows that it is in the category door,…it knows it's width, it knows it's stains,…and it's materials and whether or not…it is a fire rated door.…Parameters are stored in types…or by individual element.…
If we go into the schedule here…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.