Learn how to reorganize lists of room boundary lines to start in a consistent location.
- [Instructor] When I use room boundaries…to place families in Revit with Dynamo…I reorganize the list of room boundary lines…to have the line with the start point…closest to the top-left corner of the room…be the first item in my list of lines.…I can do this by comparing each line in the list…of room boundary lines to a point in the top-left…corner of my Revit model.…When I identify the line with the shortest…distance to that point I can find its index value…and reorganize the list of lines to ensure…that I have a consistently structured list…of lines to work with.…
In Revit open Dynamo from the Manage tab…and click New to start a new workspace.…I'm gonna right click on the Canvas and search…for the Select Model Elements node…click to add the Select Model Elements Node to the canvas.…Inside of Revit I'm gonna select the two rooms…inside of the rooms on the right-hand side of my project.…I'm gonna click on the sunglasses and click Isolate Elements…so I can easily select both rooms with Dynamo.…
Inside Dynamo if I click Select…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.