Explore some advanced family creations for parametric, fully modeled components. Learn about arrays and calculated values in your parameters so that the family adjusts to changes on the fly.
- [Instructor] As we're moving to the later stages…of the design process and still want to get…the most out of our VR tools, let's take a look…at higher level parametric family modeling.…In the exercise files you were given,…we have a more detailed cafe now,…but we still have this placeholder here at the bus table.…I want to replace this placeholder…with a new family that lets us test…different options quickly with a fast iteration time.…So, let's go back into Revit, and…we have this bus table family.…
If we open up the floor plan for the table,…as well as the 3D, you can see that currently,…if we change the length, it moves the outsides…and leaves this one separator in the middle.…We want to have the number of separators…be dynamically controlled by the length of the object.…So, let's go ahead...…And delete two of these vertical separators.…
We'll grab this one on the left…and make an array out of it, either using…this array button, or using the keyboard shortcut, A + R.…I'm going to select last for the move to option…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.