Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating adaptive components, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Ok, what I'd like to do here…is make what's called an Adaptive Component.…The coolest thing is, if you look at our In Place Mass,…suppose we wanted to put a railing along this.…It would be virtually impossible.…Well, with an Adaptive Component, we can do it.…So under Families, I'm going to go New.…I'm going to scroll down until I find Generic Model Adaptive…and I'm going to click Open.…Now these are weird how they work, but follow along.…The first thing I want to do is…I want to grab a Point Element right here.…
I'm going to pick Point Element,…and contrary to everything I've said…throughout this entire course,…I'm just going to pick two random points.…I'm going to pick a point here,…and I guess maybe I'll pick a point like here.…Now I'm going to hit escape a couple of times.…What I'm going to do now…is I'm going to hold down my Ctrl key…and select both of these points,…and under Adaptive Component,…I'm going to make them adaptive.…Now I'm going to hit escape a couple of times.…Not I'm going to add another point.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.