Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating massing, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay, what I'd like to do here is…create an in-place mass,…and see how we can add families to it.…So to get started, under Projects,…I'm going to go to Architectural Template.…Now the first thing I want to do is set up a grid system.…So on my Architecture tab, I'm going to click on Grid.…I'm going to draw a grid right down here,…just like this.…I'm going to select my grid line one,…I'm going to click Edit Type,…and I'm going to turn on Plan View Symbols and one as well.…Click OK.…Now I'm going to select grid line one.…
I'm going to click Copy.…I'm going to pick a base point,…and I'm going to copy them back 24 feet,…'til I get to grid line five.…Perfect.…Now I'm going to go back to Architecture.…I'm going to go to grid,…and I'm going to one right out here on the end.…Instead of grid line six, I'm going to click it,…I'm going to rename it to grid line A.…Now I'm going to select grid line A,…I'm going to click Copy,…I'm going to pick my base point,…I'm going to go 24, 24, 24, and one more 24.…
And I'm going to hit Esc a few times.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.