Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting global parameters, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] OK, this next video is a cool addition…that Autodesk has added to 2017.…They're called Global Parameters.…It's perfect for what we're doing here,…cause interior millworking can be run…set with Global Parameters.…So, what I wanna do is, I'm gonna start a new project.…So, let's go Projects, let's go to Architectural Template.…Now, on the Architecture tab, I'm just gonna…draw a bunch of walls, no rhyme or reason.…OK.…
Now, what I'm gonna do is,…I'm gonna come in here, I'm gonna go to my purple R,…I'm gonna open up my Counter,…I'm gonna type za.…I'm just gonna click Load into Project,…and I'll put one right here.…Drag it out a little bit, whatever.…Now, I'm gonna go to my purple R,…I'm gonna open up my Cleat,…I'm gonna load that into my project,…put one here, here, put one here, put one here.…
Now, I'm gonna select my Counter, right click,…Create Similar,…maybe put on up in here.…Of course, I can adjust it, no problem at all.…Pull that in if I want to.…Now, the idea is, suppose we have tons of different rooms,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.