Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling countertop brackets, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Well, our counter top…can't just float there in space.…Let's create a counter bracket.…Under Families, let's go new.…I'm going to go down to generic model,…and I'm going to click Open.…Now what I'd like to do…is I'm going to right click on this reference plane,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my draw panel, I'm going to Pick Lines,…and I'm going to offset one point five inches,…and go up, then down.…Now I'm going to dimension these equally.…Click EQ.…Now let's put in the overall dimension.…
I'm going to select my three inch dimension,…I'm going to hit the label drop down,…add a parameter.…I'm going to call this Cleat Size.…It'll be a Type parameter.…I'm going to click OK.…Now I'm going to right click on this reference plane…and create similar.…On the draw panel, I'm going to click on Pick Lines.…I'm going to offset this two feet,…I'm going to offset that two feet that way.…I'm going to immediately dimension it.…I'm going to select my two foot,…I'm going to hit my label drop down, add a parameter.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.