Adjusting the results of an area scheme is as easy as modifying the underlying wall geometry for automatically generated boundaries, or manually adjusting edges not associated with walls. Areas will update to reflect all such changes.
- [Instructor] In this video I want to talk…about a few really basic techniques…that we can use to modify an existing area scheme.…So I have a really simple area scheme displayed onscreen…that's measuring the gross building area…of this very small building here.…Now, I'm going to zoom in just slightly here where the tag is…and show you that it's about 4,000 square feet currently…for the area of this gross building object.…But what does that actually represent?…Well, of course you can zoom out…and look for the purple boundaries…and kind of see it that way,…but you can also select the area itself…and then it will on screen.…
It makes it a little bit easier to see.…So, to actually select the area,…what you do is just kind of move your mouse…around the screen a little bit,…and usually you could start by the tag,…and it's a pretty good chance that the tag is centered…on the area object itself.…And notice that there's this little X going…through that area object.…If I just click on that X,…that will select the area element.…
In this course, Paul F. Aubin explores the creation of area plans and areas, and discusses the workflow that enables them. Using these tools, see how you can group and quantify the spaces within a project, and create detailed and accurate calculations of all important areas. The resulting information can be presented graphically onscreen, printed, scheduled, reported, and exported as necessary to satisfy a variety of project stakeholders—those using Revit and those who don't. If you have found it difficult to capture the intricacies of area calculations in your Revit projects—or have only tried to do so using the room elements—then you owe it to yourself to give area elements a try.
- Getting started with area schemes
- Overview of the area scheme toolset
- Creating a Gross Building area calculation
- Calculating Rentable areas in a commercial building
- Creating Rentable area plans
- Customizing areas and area schemes
- Understanding area rules
- Non-traditional uses for area plans