Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling trusses in place, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Sometimes we don't really need a lot of flexibility,…we just need to model something exactly…how it's going to be, no if, ands, or buts about it.…By creating a grid line, we'll model a truss in place,…then we'll create a 3D view focusing on our new creation.…So, let's get started by starting a new project…using our structural template.…On the Structure tab, let's click on the Grid button.…Let's model a grid in here.…Remember this number, it's the grid line number 1.…
I'm going to go to my south elevation.…What I'd like to do now is do an in place component.…So I'm going to click my Component drop down,…I'm going to select Model In Place,…and I'm going to scroll all the way down,…now I'm going to find Structural Framing,…I'm going to click OK, and I'm going to call it Truss 1.…I'm going to click OK.…Now, what I'd like to do is click my Set button…on my Work Plane panel.…I'm going to click the drop down, and there's my grid 1.…I'm going to click OK.…
On my Create tab, I'm going to go to Extrusion.…Now I can draw basically anything I want.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.