Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling truss webs, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- I want to make kind of truss…that looks like the rigging you hang…lights off of at a concert.…This'll be a two video process…but the outcome is pretty awesome.…By actually creating a blended extrusion…we'll use those lines as a guide for our webmembers.…So, to get started lets get into Revit,…let's go Families, let's go New.…I'm going to scroll down to Generic Model…and I'm going to click Open.…I'm going to right click on this reference plan…and then I'm going to Create Similar, Pick Lines.…
My offset I'm going to go one foot six…to the left and to the right, up then down,…then I'm going to hit Escape.…I'm going to click Aligned Dimension.…I'm going to dimension these two evenly.…Click EQ.…I'm going to come across and I'm going…to add a three foot dimension.…I'm going to select it.…I'm going to add a label.…Going to be a Type parameter, group uinder Dimensions.…I'm going to click OK.…
I'm going to dimension these two down here.…Equally constrain them.…Select at three feet, hit my Label drop-down,…<Add Parameter>.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.