Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling trenches, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Trenches can be tough.…This video will walk you through how I like to do it.…Under Families, let's go to New.…I want to scroll down til I find Generic Model Face Based.…Let's select Generic Model Face Based,…and let's click on Open.…Now, let's add some reference planes and parameters.…I'm going to right-click on this reference plane,…I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel,…I'm going to click the Pick Lines button.…For an Offset, I'm going to go 1 foot 6.…I'm going to go to the left and then to the right,…and hit Escape.…
I'm going to click my Aligned Dimension button.…I'm going to evenly dimension these.…I'm going to put the dimensions up here,…I'm going to click EQ,…then I'm going to click the outside…to the right side,…put a dimension up here,…and hit Escape.…Select my three foot dimension,…I'm going to add a parameter.…I'm going to call it Overall Width.…I'm going to make that an Instance parameter.…I'm going to click OK.…I'm going to hit Escape a few times.…
Now, I'm going to right-click…on this horizontal reference plane,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.