Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling with standard building blocks, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie, we'll continue working on our townhouse facades and refining them…a little bit further.…In the last movie, we created this outline footprint here which was going to…help us get everything positioned.…And in this movie we are going to use these really simple Platonic Forms that…are actually existing mass families that come with the software.…And we are just going to be placing those almost like working with blocks and…just kind of placing children's blocks around and stretching them and pulling…them to the forms that we want.…So I've already created a few here off on this side and we're kind of fill in…the missing blanks and I'll kind of show you how I did that.…
Now let me just give you a quick overview of the file setup before we continue.…It's largely similar to the files that we've been working on in the last several movies.…We've got our rectangular reference lines down here, which was back from our…original massing model.…We've got these two reference planes here in the center, marking the…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.