Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling pour stop families, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video…is create a line based family.…We're going to array a concrete panel.…Then I'm going to specify some spacing.…We're going to specify how big…we want to have that panel within a certain length.…So to get started, let's go to the Families category,…and let's click on New.…Let's scroll down to Generic Model line based,…and let's click Open.…Let's make the length be a little longer than four feet.…In the Properties, let's click Family Types.…
Let's make our length be 40 feet.…Let's click Apply.…Let's click OK.…Now what's going to happen is,…when we load this into a project,…we're going to simply draw a line,…as if we're drawing a regular drafting line,…and it's going to wind up spacing our panels out evenly.…So let's bring in a panel.…Let's go through the Insert tab,…and let's click Load Family.…Browse to where you kept your panel,…and select it.…Let's click Open.…Now let's go to the Create tab,…and let's click the Component button.…
I'm not going to try to center this properly,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.