Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling mains, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] I want to model some mains.…But before I do that, I want to look at…how to create a brand new pipe system.…I want to go to Ceiling Plan, 1 - Ceiling Sprinkler.…Now on my Systems tab,…I'm gonna click on my Pipe button.…Now I have Pipe Types Standard.…I'm gonna click on Edit Type.…I'm gonna duplicate this…and I'm gonna call it Threaded.…I'm gonna click OK.…
Now, I want to dig into my Routing Preferences…so I'm gonna click on Edit.…Now, I'm gonna change a couple things here,…but then we're gonna load a bunch of families from here.…My Pipe Segment, I'm gonna click the drop-down.…I'm gonna scroll to the bottom…and I'm gonna go with steel carbon.…My minimum size is 15 millimeters.…My maximum size, I'm gonna hit my drop-down,…I'm gonna crank it up to 600 millimeters.…Now what I want to do is click on Load Family.…I'm gonna go to Pipe.…I'm gonna go to Fittings.…
I'm gonna go to Malleable Iron,…Class 150,…Threaded.…I'm gonna hit Control + A.…I want to load up all of these.…I'm not sure which ones I need.…But if something's not working,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin11h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.