- [Voiceover] The hardest part…in laying out sprinkler piping…is connecting your sprinkler heads to your main pipes.…There's a couple different ways to do it,…but the more difficult way…is the way I usually see it done.…Under floor plans I'm gonna go to ceiling plans,…ceiling sprinkler.…I'm gonna zoom in here,…I'm gonna select this sprinkler head,…and I'm simply gonna click on connect into.…I'm gonna pick my pipe.…It connected to it,…but it doesn't like the system classification…on my sprinkler head…based on the system that my pipe is on.…
That's fine, it's not the end of the world.…So we're gonna close out of this warning.…Now my next one's a little trickier.…I'm gonna select my sprinkler head,…and right here I'm gonna click on this…create pipe, this little drip icon.…Now I'm gonna send it above this pipe,…then I'm gonna drop it down onto that pipe.…So my offset I'm gonna type in like 33 hundred,…and I'm just guessing here,…hoping that's high enough.…I'm gonna come up to my pipe,…and I wanna click on add vertical.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin35h 43m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.