Floors again? Yeah, they really want you to know how to model floors to become certified. This video will have us modeling a custom floor. We will also be adding slope arrows. The one exciting thing we are going to do here is actually model a floor to pitch in multiple directions based on concrete framing.
- [Voiceover] Although we've already dealt…with floors and roofs which are basically floors,…let's really dive into floors now and make sure…we've got the whole subject covered.…Let's jump into Revit and let's go Open.…I want to find my file called Custom Floors.…I want to click Open.…Let's go down to level two.…On the Structure tab, let's click Floor.…For my floor I want to go up and I want to grab…Three inch concrete on two inch comp deck.…
Let's click Edit Type.…Now let's under Structure click Edit.…What we'll see here is we have a Structural Layer…and we have a Structural Decking Layer.…Now click on the Structural Deck Layer.…Notice down under here Structural Deck Properties.…We have Form Deck Composite two by six.…Now if we hit the drop-down, here's all the deck types…that are available in our Revit template.…Now there are third party add on programs.…
I don't really care for them.…Generally, we have everything we need right here.…The Decking Usage is either Standalone Deck…or it's Bound Layer Above meaning there's concrete…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.