During the design process, the team must learn to work with each others' models between the links without opening each others' models. This video discusses various strategies with their strengths and weaknesses.
- [Instructor] Another good step in managing … the development of the deliverables is to discuss … and establish model control strategies that work. … This could also be framed as link control strategies. … When you link two models together, … you're basically choosing to work together … to create a coordinated project … and a coordinated set of drawings. … Being able to know how to control the linked model … without opening the consultants' model … is important for efficient coordination. … It is not appropriate to open and work within … another team's model at any point in time. … You can control what is shown and integrated … into the architecture model globally or by view. … Global controls manage the link in a global manner, … affecting the entire model at once. … View-specific controls control the link … within a solitary view. … Utilizing worksets appropriately are a great way … to control linked models in a global manner. … Utilizing coordination views are a great way … to control linked models view by view. …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.