Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Mirroring groups to create a layout, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Once you have a group in your project, you might want to use that group as the…basis for an overall layout, such as our condominium layout here where we might…want to have multiple versions of the same group on a floor plan.…We could insert each group manually, but that would require some…manipulations of rotating and mirroring and movement that would all have to…happen independently.…Instead I'm going to use the Mirror feature in Revit to mirror the instance of…the group that I already have on screen directly and talk about some of the…issues that we run into with groups when we do that.…
So I'm in a file called Mirror Groups and I've got an instance of the group that…we created in the previous movie and it's attached detail group. And I'm going…to select the model group first and up here on the ribbon we have two ways that…we mirror, and I'm going to use this Mirror Pick Axis option and what that…allows me to do is select an object that I already have in my model and use that…as the axis of reflection for the mirror.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.