Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more CAD and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Comparing AutoCAD and Revit
- Customizing Revit settings
- Exploring the Revit interface
- Organizing with categories versus layers
- Understanding families and groups versus blocks
- Using links instead of Xrefs
- Tracing, nesting, and exploding CAD files
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi. My name is Paul F. Aubin, and I'd like to welcome you to Migrating from AutoCAD to Revit. This course is designed to help you, the seasoned AutoCAD user make a smooth migration to the Revit software and workflow. I'll start by presenting an overview of the fundamental differences in the AutoCAD and Revit workflows. Next, I'll show you how to configure Revit's overall program options and break down the differences and similarities in the user interface of both programs. Addressing many core AutoCAD features, such as layers, Xrefs and the command line, we'll discuss how each of these has a counterpart or an alternative in the Revit workflow.
I'll show you how you can import AutoCAD drawings into Revit and even export Revit project views back out to AutoCAD drawings. So if you're ready to begin seeing what benefits await you in your transition to Revit, you've come to the right place. Let's get started.