Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Mechanical: Work with spaces, part of Cert Prep: Revit MEP Mechanical & Plumbing Certified Professional.
- [Instructor] Spaces play a big role in Revit MEP,…certainly they're on the exam.…So what we're going to do is we're going to add some spaces,…but I want to read in the architectural room,…name, and number and I'm going to see if it's going to…add up that CFM that we specified…when we put the diffusers in.…So in our project, let's go to Open.…Let's find our Spaces file where you're keeping…your exercise files, and click Open.…
Under Floor Plans, let's go to one Mech.…Let's zoom in here on this corner room.…Let's go to the Analyze tab.…Let's click Space.…Now I'm going to drop that space right in here.…Hit Escape a couple of times.…Notice if you hover over it, it kind of highlights the space.…
Go ahead and select that.…If you're having trouble doing that,…make sure down here your Select Elements by Face button…has a little X on it.…That means it's turned off.…So select your space, and let's check out the Properties.…There's no mechanical flow, there's no diffusers in there.…But as we scroll down, we'll see name…and number is one space, but the room name…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.