Spaces play an important role in Revit MEP. In this video we will look at how to alter a space tag to read the architects room name and number. From there we will look into creating a schedule to manually remain our spaces to the proper room names. Then, and this is the cool part, we will look at how the spaces add up the CFM based on the diffusers in the room!
- [Voiceover] Spaces are certainly important in Revit MEP.…Certainly they're on the exam.…So what we're going to do is we're going to add some spaces,…but I want to read in the architectural…room name and number and I'm going to see…if it's going to add up that CFM…that we specified when we put the diffusers in.…So in our projects, let's go open.…I'm going to find our spaces.rvt model,…where we're keeping our exercises files,…and I'm going to click open.…I'd like to go down to one MAC floor plan.…
I want to zoom in over here.…We're going to add some spaces to this area up in here.…To do that, I want to make sure…that room bounding is turned on.…If it's not, it's not going to work.…So go ahead and select your underlay,…click on edit type…make sure your room bounding is turned on.…I'm going to hit cancel.…I'm going to hit escape.…Now let's go to analyze,…and if we hit to drop down for spaces and zones,…let's go to area and volume computations.…
So for computations, I like to go areas and volumes…room area computation, I like to go at wall finish.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.