Have I mentioned I love tagging stuff? What we are going to do in this video is to basically tag everything we can. But of course we will start with how to modify an existing tag. Then we will go into the mechanical settings and see how to control the prefixes and suffixes of how our HVAC is labeled. Then we will tag the ducts and the mechanical equipment associated with them
- The ability to tag items in Revit is awesome.…So awesome it's certainly on the exam.…What I want to do is start with some ducts,…then we'll tag some pipes.…Let's jump into Revit.…Let's start a new project using our mechanical template.…Let's click Open.…Let's just draw some duct in.…We don't need to link any architecture.…Let's go to our Systems tab.…Let's click Duct.…I'm gonna pick a point here, here.…I'm just drawing some duct in.…
We don't know much about it,…but what's nice is we can tag it…and then change it to what we want it to be.…Now to tag it, let's go up to our View Control toolbar…and click the Tag By Category button.…Of course, if we got to Annotate,…we can come down here and click Tag By Category.…Either way you like to do it, go ahead.…Now what happens is Revit's gonna automatically find the…right tag for the right item that happens…to be loaded into our model…so I'm gonna come down to this duct.…I'm gonna select this one right here…and I'm gonna grab 12 inch by 12 inch.…
I'm gonna zoom in on it.…Okay, 12 inch by 12 inch.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.