We're going to run through a bunch of stuff in this video. First we are going to create a callout and bump up the scale. Then we will set our detail level to fine. Then, and this is my favorite addition to Revit, we will select some items and generate an automatic 3D view that puts a crop region around the area of the items we have selected! We will lock that 3D view and make a spectacular sheet!
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do here…is make a nice detail view of some HVAC duct work.…Under projects, let's go open.…Let's find detail views.…Let's click open.…I'm going to go to floor plan one mech.…I'm going to zoom into this area here,…and I'm going to create a callout.…So I'm going to go view.…I'm going to go to callout.…I'm going to pick a window…right around this whole area here.…I'm going to move my callout window up to here,…and I'm going to double click on it.…
Now, I'm going to change my scale…to three quarters of an inch equals a foot…or anything, but look, I can't.…Remember why?…If we go to our properties, we're going to scroll down,…and we're going to make sure that mechanical plan…under view template is checked to none.…So, under names, let's go to none.…Let's click apply.…Let's click OK.…Now let's change the scale.…Let's change it to quarter inch equals a foot.…Now we can label some stuff.…So I'm going to zoom in here.…
I'm going to label our diffusers.…First thing I'm going to do is click on tag by category,…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.