Following along with the same concept as adding duct, we will add return diffusers and return duct. By completing the round trip VAV system, we will be adding return ductwork to the model. without knowing it, we are going to be automatically creating a return system that we can later go back to and rename.
- [Narrator] What I'd like to do here…is add some return duct work.…To get started, I'm going to go into Projects…then I'm going to go Open.…I'm gonna browse around keeping my files…and I'm gonna find Return Ducts.…I'm gonna click Open.…I'm gonna go up to my Project Browser.…under Ceiling Plans I'm gonna go to 1 Ceiling Mech.…And I'm gonna zoom in over here…where I have a cluster of diffusers and ducts.…I'm gonna drop a return right about here.…So I'm gonna go to my Systems tab.…
I'm gonna click on Air Terminal.…This time I'll just use one that I have…in my properties.…I'm gonna click the drop down.…I'm gonna find Return Diffuser…24 x 24 Face, 12 x 12 Connection.…Now remember, this is not faced-based…so we need to set an offset.…So in our Offset, let's go eight feet…and hit Enter.…I'm gonna just drop it right about here.…I'm gonna hit Escape a couple times.…Now I'll align it to my grids.…I'm gonna type a + l for align.…
Click this grid, pick there.…Pick that grid, pick there.…And if I see any others that are off,…I can go through and align those.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.