It's time to connect the dots. Now that we have our mechanical equipment in, and our diffusers it's time to run some duct. The objective of this video is to show you how to add ductwork automatically from mechanical equipment. Then we will look at adding flex duct. Of course we will want to check out our mechanical settings as it relates to ducting.
- [Narrator] In this video what I'd like to do…is draw some supply duct work.…We're gonna bring it down from our rooftop unit…into our VAV, and into our diffusers.…Under projects, let's go Open,…I'm at the browse to where I'm keeping my projects…and I'm gonna grab Ducts.…Now I'm gonna click Open.…I generally like to start at the top.…So what I'd like to do is make sure…we have a complete system…that goes from our diffusers to a VAV,…up to a rooftop unit.…So what I'd like to do is…under my floorplans, HVAC,…I'm gonna go to 3. Roof.…
I'm gonna come on over here to my rooftop unit.…I'm gonna select it.…And I've got a 44-inch by 37-inch out.…So I'm gonna go ahead and select this.…I'm gonna come over to about here.…Now I'm just gonna hit escape a few times.…Notice that it knows it's out,…so it knows its supply,…and it turns everything to a blue supply.…I'm gonna cut a section through it now.…I'm gonna click on Section,…I'm gonna cut it right through here.…I'm gonna hit escape a couple times.…I'm gonna double-click on my section.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.