We always want to accessorize! The take away from this video is how to add some fire dampers to our ducts as they cross from room to room., We will also add some balancing dampers to our branch ducts. Of course we will open an accessory family and look at how the connectors work as well. We will also look at how to rotate and flip our accessories once they are modeled.
- [Narrator] This is actually the fun part.…We can add accessories, and we can add fittings.…So let's get started by jumping into Revit.…Under projects, I'd like to go open.…Now I'm gonna find accessories.…And I'm gonna click open.…I'm gonna go to floor-plan one Mech.…I'm gonna zoom in over here to my duct work.…And I'm gonna up to systems.…I'm gonna click on duct accessory.…
The first one that comes up is actually the one I wanna use.…Fire Damper, Rectangular Simple.…Standard.…So I'm gonna come over to this piece of duct right here.…I'm gonna find the spot right here.…And I'm gonna click it right there.…I'm gonna throw in a fire damper.…I'm gonna go to a 3-D view.…Zoom in on it.…Basically puts it in a big block.…Hit control + tab.…Now, I'm gonna come over here.…I'm gonna go systems.…
I'm going to go to duct accessory.…Ya know what I wanna do is I wanna load a family.…So I'm gonna click on load a family.…I'm gonna go to duct.…I'm gonna go to accessories.…I'm gonna go to dampers.…I'm gonna click Balancing Damper, Round.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.