In this video, Chante Bright shows you how to apply a material override to your family file using custom parameters.
- [Instructor] I now want to add…materials to my bin, since I've brought into my bookshelf.…And the way I want to do it,…there's actually two ways I could do this.…I could have assigned an overall material…to the bin itself, and then when…I brought it into the bookshelf…it would always have that material.…However, it doesn't give you that much…control over what it looks like.…You may have different colors…or different materials that apply…to the same component in this file.…So, here's what I'm going to do.…
I'm going to apply a custom override parameter…to the materials section for the different components,…so I have a little bit more control.…So, the thing that I'm going to do is,…I'm going to select my small bin,…and I'm going to start with it.…And what I need to do is, I actually…need to go into it's file.…So, I'm going to click up top where it says Edit Family.…What this does is it places me…into the small bins Family Editor.…And you'll see, it's just all by itself.…I'm next going to do this.…
My bin itself has one material to it,…
- Starting a custom furniture piece
- Using extrusions, revolutions, and sweeps
- Working with components
- Applying materials
- Creating a custom material
- Adding finishing touches
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chante' Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Starting with the Basics
2. Continuing Practice
3. Making It Pretty
4. Marching toward Completion
Next steps4m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.