Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Making tapered concrete columns, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Sometimes our columns need a taper.…That's fine.…With concrete, we can do that.…The objective of this video is to create…a tapered column…then we're going to use it in a model.…To get started, let's go to Families.…Let's click New,…and let's scroll down until we find Structural Column,…and select it.…Let's hit Open.…Now we have some predefined, equally…constrained reference planes.…That's good. We'll use them.…What we need to do, though,…is put some overall dimensions on them.…On the quick access toolbar,…click your Align Dimension button.…
Let's go outside the outside and pick a point here.…Now let's go outside the outside,…and let's pick a point here.…Let's hit Escape a couple times.…Now what I'm going to do is hold down my Control key,…and I'm going to select both of these.…I'm going to click my Label dropdown.…I'm going to select Add Parameter.…For the name, I'm going to call it Base Size.…I'm going to keep it as a type parameter,…and I'm going to click Okay.…Now I want to add some more reference planes.…I'm going to right-click on this reference plane,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.