Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Lookup tables, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Here's the deal,…there are literally hundreds of combinations…of wall cabinets we can deal with.…What I want to do is create a lookup table,…that way when we load our cabinet into our project…we get a dialogue allowing us to just choose one or two…different types, instead of the hundreds…of different types we'll have.…This is more common for structural,…but you see it a lot now in architectural as well.…So to do this I'm going to my wall cabinet lookup,…or you can go into the wall cabinet file…you've been following along with.…I'm going to jump right into my family types.…I'm going to straighten out some of my dimensions first.…
For my width I'm going to go two feet,…my height I go two feet, and my depth,…I'm going to go one foot.…Now I want to create a new type,…so I'm going to come up here…and I'm going to click on new type.…Now, all caps it's going to be,…W2D_…24x24x12.…I'm gonna go ahead and select this, I'm gonna right click…and I'm gonna copy it to the clip board.…I'm gonna click okay.…Now, I'm gonna click on new again,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.