Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking at mechanical settings, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at some…of our mechanical settings, shall we?…What I'd like to do is go to the Systems tab,…now notice we have HVAC, Mechanical,…Plumbing and Piping, Electrical,…we can set our settings up completely…in our templates with just these little buttons.…So I'm going to click on the HVAC one first…and all this does is opens the same dialogue.…So, for example, if I want come in, I'm gonna…select hidden line, I'm gonna start here.…
Now whenever we have something in plan,…and it's obscured by another item,…this is what controls how the hidden lines work.…My line style, the MEP hidden, is actually a little bit…light, we can select hidden lines, which is a little bit…heavier, and it's that green line type.…0.5 mm is pretty small for our gaps,…but I like it, it seems to work.…Draw MEP hidden lines, we could actually even turn that…off if you don't want to see them, I don't like doing that.…
I'm going to go down to duct settings.…Now, this is how we control the view of our ducts.…Use annotation scale for single line fittings, yeah,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin25h 30m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.