Formulas dictate how complex a family is.
- [Instructor] So now I want to talk about formulas. … If you're a programmer, this is easy. … If you're a structural engineer or designer, … this isn't really part of your job description. … Or is it? … It's in the formulas that dictate how complex … a family's going to be. … The more you have parameters driving one another, … the less control you may have over your family … but the more automated the family's going to be. … The decision's up to you. … I'm just going to teach you how to do it. … How much automation you want to build into the family … is your family. … So the objective of this video is to investigate the makeup … of a formula and how it applies to a family. … So to get started, let's take a look. … So formulas. What's in a family formula? … So more than one parameter combined to produce a value. … So anytime we have a parameter, that parameter can be used … in an expression with another parameter. … It can be mathematical. It can be textual. … It can be whatever we kind of want it to be. …
- Creating parameters
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Modeling trenches
- Adding framing
- Creating joist bridging details
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.