Revit stores location data for each project. Learn how to set that data correctly and to then how to use it for sun studies in virtual reality.
- [Instructor] Architects need to understand…the way that the sun interacts…with the buildings they're designing.…Virtual reality can be a great way…to understand more intimately,…how the sun can move through the interiors…of the space especially.…But in order to get an accurate picture,…we need to make sure that we have…the settings in the project correct.…Let's go back to Revit.…In here we have the 3-D camera view…that Enscape is pulling from.…Let's go here, down to the sun settings…and make sure that we have Single Day selected.…
You'll see here that Boston, Massachusetts is the location.…Although this site was actually based…on a site in Portland, Oregon.…So let's click through and open up the location window.…We can go to a default city list…and look for Portland, Oregon.…And that takes care of our latitude and longitude…so that Revit knows how to deal with the sun.…Say OK and apply.…
Now if we go back into Enscape,…as shown here in the instructions at the bottom,…we can hold shift and right + click…and change the time of day so…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.