Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Locating walls, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this and the next few movies, we'll continue working with walls and begin…laying out a two bedroom condominium unit.…So we going to apply what we've learned in some of the previous movies and apply…it here to an actual floor plan.…What I am working with here is a file called Locating Walls and all it contains…is the outline perimeter of the unit, and what we are going to focus on is the…interior partitions.…We'll start on the Architecture tab with the Wall tool, you can type W A or…you can click on the tool, and over here on the Properties palette I want to…change the Wall Type to an Interior type partition and so there are several…different sizes here, and I am going to choose this one 4 7/8" partition.…
So that's roughly a 5 inch partition, and it's basically a stud with a layer of…drywall on each side, which is pretty standard interior construction.…And I am going to leave all the Height settings, it's going to be going up to…Level 2, and I am going to stick with the centerline location line, I find that…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.