- In this and the next few movies,…we'll continue working with walls…and begin laying out a two bedroom condominium unit.…So we're going to apply what we've learned…in some of the previous movies…and apply it here to an actual floor plan.…What I'm working with here is a file called Locating Walls…and all it contains is the outline perimeter of the unit.…And what we're gonna focus on is the interior partitions.…We'll start in the Architecture tab with the Wall tool.…Can type WA or you can click on the tool.…And over here on the Properties palate…I want to change the wall type…to an interior type partition.…
So there are several different sizes here,…and I'm gonna choose this one, 4 and 7/8 inch partition.…So that's roughly a 5 inch partition…and it's basically a stud with a layer…of drywall on each side,…which is pretty standard interior construction.…Now I'm going to leave all the height settings,…it's going to be going up to level two…and I'm gonna stick with the center line location line.…I find that to be the most logical choice…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
Paul also shows advanced techniques for modeling stairs, complex walls, and partially obscured building elements, as well as adding rooms and solid geometry. Finally, discover how to annotate your drawing so all the components are perfectly understood, and learn how to output sheets to DWF, PDF, or AutoCAD.
- Understanding BIM and the Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Using reference planes, parameters, and constraints
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.