- [Voiceover] The first thing that we do…at the start of any MEP project, is link another trade in.…Generally, there's almost no exception to this.…So, that's what I want to do.…I'm gonna jump into my electrical project.…And I'm gonna go to my Insert tab.…In my Insert tab, I'm gonna click on Link Revit.…I'm gonna go to where I'm keeping my backgrounds,…and I'm gonna select Architectural.…Now, the positioning is important that I…select Auto - Origin to Origin.…
And I click Open.…Now that this is linked in,…there's a couple of steps we really need to do.…The first step is to go ahead and select the linked model.…And make sure that you Pin it.…Now, once it's pinned, there's a couple of things we can do.…But I want to hit Escape first.…Now, I want to select my Revit link.…And in my properties, I want to click on Edit Type.…I want to make sure that Room Bounding is turned on.…
My reference type wants to be Overlay.…In my phase mapping, I'm gonna click on Edit.…And right now we haven't dealt with phases yet,…so this is perfect.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin37h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.