Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking family parameters, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay, now for the fun stuff.…Since we have our parameters all set…we can bring in our items to be arrayed.…The reason we made three separate families…was because of the fact that it's a lot easier…to array and manipulate imported families…than it is native 3-D extrusions.…So I'm gonna get started…by jumping into my shelving unit array model.…Next thing I'm gonna do is open up…our bracket and our shelf…and load them into this family.…So i'm gonna click my purple 'R'…I'm gonna find 'Bracket'…and I'm gonna open it up.…
Now I'm going to click 'Load into Project,' and close.…And I'm just gonna put it like right here.…Select it and then delete it.…Let's do the same thing,…click the purple 'R'…and I'm gonna go down and find 'Shelf,'…Now I'm gonna click 'Load into Project.'…Here's our shelf, I'll just stick it right there.…Now I'm gonna select it and gonna delete it.…Now under floor plans,…let's go to our Ref_level floor plan.…I'm gonna zoom in here…and I'm going to go to the Create tab.…Now I'm gonna click on 'Component' right here,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.