We can't get too far without the building we are putting our systems into! This video will step you through the process of properly linking an architectural Revit model. We will start by using Origin to Origin as our reference, then we will pin down the link. We will also change the dicipline of our view to coordination
- [Voiceover] The real reason…we're using Revit is for coordination.…It doesn't make sense to keep bringing in…2-D AutoCAD drawing files from our architect.…Hopefully our architect has modeled the building in Revit…so we can coordinate with them.…The objective in this video is to do just that…we're going to coordinate with the architect.…Under projects let's go new.…For the template file, I'm going to use…my structural template and I'm going to click OK.…Now what I'm going to do, I'm going to go to my Insert tab…and I'm going to click on Link Revit.…
I'm going to select architectural…and I'm going to make sure Auto Origin to Origin…is our position and I'm going to click Open.…It doesn't look much like a floor plan,…but what I want to do is look at our discipline.…So if we come over to our discipline,…let's set our discipline instead of structural…let's go coordination and click Apply.…A few things aren't showing up…so if we type VG for visibility/graphics…if we go down to Curtain Panels, Curtain Systems,…Curtain Wall Mullions and click Apply…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.