We can't get too far without the building we are putting our systems into! This video will step you through the process of properly linking an architectural Revit model. We will start by using Origin to Origin as our reference, then we will pin down the link. Lastly we will make sure to turn on room bounding to insure that our spaces will work properly
- [Male Voiceover] The first thing we do when we start…any mechanical model, is we have to bring in…an architectural underlay.…What I'd like to do in this video…is link a structural model and an architectural model.…So to get started, let's jump into Revit.…Under Projects, let's go to New.…Now I'm going to grab Mechanical Template,…and I'm going to click OK.…Now there's two ways to do this.…One way is to go to Insert and we can go to Link Revit.…Another way to do it is in the project browser.…If we scroll all the way down to the bottom to Revit Links,…we can right click on Revit Links,…and we can go New Link.…
So either way you wanna do it,…I'm going to come down here, right click on Revit Links…and go New Link.…I'm going to browse where I'm keeping my files.…Now I'm going to grab my Architectural model.…Now notice there's not as many choices…from when we brought in our CAD.…The Files of Type will be a Revit file.…We have no choice.…For the Positioning, generally you'll…always wanna go Origin to Origin.…However, if you're using Shared Coordinates,…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.