Learn how to use Dynamo to filter line segments based on length.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a workspace…with Dynamo that can correctly place…all the wall protection families around the room…while avoiding wall openings…that are above or below a placement point,…we can start to look at trouble spots,…like wall protection lines like this…where we may not actually…wanna place a wall protection family.…Something like this,…the length of a wall protection family…is one foot two inches.…Maybe an area between the door is also too short…of an area to place a wall protection family.…This one's at one foot nine inches.…What we can do is tell Dynamo to read the list of lines…that it's placing the wall protection family on…and ignore the lines that are too short.…
Looking at Dynamo,…it's just taking this list of lines…and placing a family on it.…If we look at the length of the list of lines,…we can start to filter the results.…If I right click on the canvas and type curve length,…I can use the curve length node…to determine the length of each one of these liens.…If I right click on the canvas again…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.