One of the fundamental concepts of the BIM lifecycle is to always begin with the end in mind. This is a concept of pull planning and it weaves its way through the entire process.
- [Instructor] There are several things an architect can do … to become a stronger collaborative partner … in the construction process. … To develop an understanding of what these things are, … one must understand that the goal is to keep the end in mind … while planning your next steps. … Keeping the end in mind is a common phrase … in project planning, as is the saying, … what happens downstream. … A workflow method that contractors have found … works very well has been identified and named pull planning. … According to the Lean Construction Institute, … pull planning is defined as working … from a target completion date backward. … Tasks are defined in sequence so their completion date … releases the next stage of work. … When we talk about pull planning … in a Lean BIM Execution Plan, … we are working with the concepts of Lean … by focusing on value and eliminating waste. … By using pull planning, … we can focus on what the value is in what we are producing … on the next steps, … and eliminating wasteful time doing work …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.