This video introduces the concept of a pre-defined LOD matrix as an alternative to the full-scale Model Development Specification. Maintaining a simple and effective approach is important to efficient BIM management.
- [Instructor] Typically, … the conversation about level of development … invariably includes a Model Development Specification. … It is a very effective tool … for very large projects with multiple players. … But many times the bread and butter jobs … that keep architecture firms in business … are simple, repetitive jobs. … It would be silly to fill this type of document out … for each one of those jobs. … Still, the idea of documenting … what LOD is expected of the modeling has value. … A document that has been developed … to respond to the needs of this is the LOD Matrix. … Like the revit start-up sheet, … this too has been developed … in a grassroots manner, emerging out of a need … that has not been attended to by the larger processes. … This is filled out once … during the overarching standards development … and then it is used as a guide for all projects … of a particular type. … The LOD Matrix is a more simplified approach … to managing LOD, keeping in mind the requirements … of the architect …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.