Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Knowing when to use adaptive components, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In the last movie, I mentioned how we can use adaptive components to build some…rather interesting and unusual things.…In this movie I would like to talk about why that's the case.…So, I don't have any files open right now; we are actually going to create it from scratch.…And I want to show you why adaptive components are intriguing.…In this chapter I wanted to show you that if we come over here and we create a…brand new family--now I am not doing new Conceptual Mass; I am doing new Family--…that takes me to the Standard Revit Family Template folder. I'm in the imperial…version; there is also a metric version.…
If you scroll down, you'll notice that under the Generic Model Templates, there…is a special template called Generic Model Adaptive, and this is actually what…makes these adaptive components unique is that their category starts off being…generic model and you can actually change that category to many other things.…So let me go ahead and open this template, Generic Model Adaptive.…At first blush, it looks like the Massing Environment;…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.