So I know you're probably anxious to get into Revit right away,…but before we do, let's talk about a few high-level concepts first.…For starters, just what is BIM?…Well BIM stands for Building Information Modeling and it's a term that was…coined a few years back by Autodesk to basically describe the process of…creating virtual models that represent building facilities.…Now Revit is often heavily touted as purpose-built for building information…modeling, and this is true, but that often leads to confusion that somehow Revit…and BIM equal the same thing.…
Revit and BIM are not the same thing. Revit is a tool to help us achieve BIM.…And what BIM is, is a process that we follow to create building model data that…is two things: coordinated and computable.…Those are the two most important tenants of BIM.…If all of the parts and pieces that make up your BIM project are fully…coordinated with one another, and don't require any manual updates to keep them…in sync, and if you've got a robust rich data store of information that can be…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.