Learn how to set up instance parameters that can be modified easily in the Revit project, in order to use the same component family type with subtle variations in your Revit model.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our basic form created,…let's add one more parameter and then drop it into our space…and see how it looks.…And that's a raised portion of the countertop.…Create two new reference planes for it.…And in this case I'll decide that I want the depth,…to always be one foot.…So I click on the reference plane,…and then click on the dimension string.…
Side one foot, and then lock that dimension.…Then for the length of this raised portion,…I'm going to create a new parameter…called Raised Length,…and in this case it's going to be an Instance Parameter.…Set the default to four feet.…
But as you'll see when we go back into the project,…you'll be able to grab this and change it,…and it won't affect other instances of the same family.…Let's add our extrusion to it,…in this case, we're going to put our start point…at height.…And then let's start by making the end point…at an arbitrary point above that.…
And go ahead and lock to the reference planes…like we've done before.…Now if we look at this from the front,…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.