Learn how to modify a corner guard workspace to accommodate both inside and outside corners.
- [Instructor] In Dynamo, open the InsideOutside_Start_dyn.…Under the Select Model Element node, click Change,…and make sure to tab to select the corridor…inside of the Revit project.…If you click Run, this workspace…is gone and placed and placed a corner guard…around the outside boundaries of the room.…We're gonna update to place the corner guards…on the outside, as well as the inside boundaries.…
If you zoom out to see the entire workspace,…cross select to select every one of the groups…inside of your workspace,…leaving the ProcessRoomBoundaries…and the Select Model Elements Node.…Hold Control on your keyboard,…click and drag to copy the group of nodes…down inside of the canvas.…Click on the InsidePolyCurve output from RoomBoundaries,…and replace the polyCurve input…on the PolyCurve.Curves node.…
Then go ahead and click Run.…This, you'll see that Dynamo went ahead…and already placed the corner guards on the inside corners,…and they're rotating correctly.…In many of the other workspaces that we've created,…we've had to deal with the inside…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.