In Dynamo, learn about inputs and outputs used for GD scripts. Dynamo provides specific criteria for specific inputs and outputs for GD which are important to understand.
- [Instructor] With every generative design algorithm, … we need inputs and outputs. … Inputs are required to generate options … and outputs are used to evaluate those options. … So let's have a look at how inputs and outputs are specified … in a generative design script. … For this lesson, I have the exercise file open … which is the sample file provided by Autodesk … for the three box massing study. … This study allows us to move and adjust the height … of three different cuboids … in order to optimize their location and size … to find a form which has a minimal surface area … and a maximum floor area. … In this script, it's broken up into three sections. … We have the inputs in these pink blocks. … We have the workings or the algorithms of the script … in these light green blocks. … And then we have the outputs in these orange blocks. … We also have a way to integrate with Revit in this gray box, … which we'll look at later on. … For now, let's focus on the inputs and the outputs. …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit