Join Chanté Bright for an in-depth discussion in this video Initial steps, part of Revit 2019: Professional Office Interior Design.
- [Instructor] Before you get started, there are a few things you want to do. One of the first ones is to actually log in to your Autodesk account. And the way you do that is you actually go up to the top right of your Revit screen and click where it says Sign In. When you do so, it'll ask you to sign in to Autodesk 360. Nine times out of 10, if you have an Autodesk account, you have an Autodesk 360 account. From here, it will take you into a sign in, where you would then enter in your email address that you used when you created an account with Autodesk and then the next page will ask you for a password.
That's number one. Number two, the next thing you probably want to do 'cause you'll probably do this, you'd be in and out of this on a regular basis, is to log in to your BIMobject account if you have one. If you don't have one, I strongly advise you to set one up, and once again, if you have an Autodesk account, you can just log in with your Autodesk information into BIMobject. Third, you also want to save a version of the file that you've received on your computer, and that will be your own personal version that you do most of your project work in.
You then take the file that you receive and set that into its own folder so that just in case you need to refer back to it, you can. You want to remember that not all disciplines, including interior designers, work on the same parts of the project, so the project may not be set up with your end goal in mind.
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.